To merge two Customers/Vendors,
- Go to the Directory tab from the Fincent platform.
- Select the Customer or Vendor you want to merge from the Directory.
- Once you have selected the Customer or Vendor, click on the 3 dots on the top right corner of the Customer or Vendor's details page. Within the drop-down menu, click on the "Merge with another Customer/Vendor" option.
- After selecting "Merge with another Customer/Vendor," a modal will appear asking you to do the following
- Pick another Customer/Vendor (that you want your selected Customer/Vendor to merge with)
- The option to delete the selected Customer/Vendor after the merge will be selected, you may unselect this option if you don't wish to delete the selected Customer/Vendor
- Only for Vendors - If the selected Vendor has the same banking description, then you have the option to set rule for future banking transactions to pick up the Vendor that you intend to merge the selected Vendor with. This option is de-selected by default. Click on the box next to this option to select it
- Once you've selected the information required to merge, click on 'Confirm'.
- Once you click on confirm, all transactions from the selected Vendor/Customer will move to the Customer/Vendor picked for merge.
By following these steps, you will be able to successfully* merge the Customer/Vendor with another Customer/Vendor.
[Note: *Some Vendors and Customers cannot be merged. See FAQ for reasons why certain Customer and Vendors cannot be merged.]